‘Tis the season for office holiday parties! A word to the wise, here are some things you should when deciding what to wear:
- Cleavage — is that where you really want attention to go when talking to the guy from IT?
- Too short/tight dresses — leave the club clothes for Saturday night
- Too casual clothes — as to avoid showing disrespect
- Holiday costumes — no sexy elf costumes!
- Ugly Christmas sweater — unless that’s the theme!
Remember, you are partying with your boss and colleagues so that means your reputation is on the line. A good rule of thumb is this: Less skin is more! Because the more skin you show, the less authoritative you become.
Now that we’ve covered what to avoid, let’s talk about what to do.
- When deciding what to wear, the word “classy” ought to be your guide.
- Metallics, lace, and sequins are on trend during the holidays. A little can go a long way! If you add some sparkle, make sure to go simpler for the rest of your outfit.
- If you are going straight to the party after work, bring a decorative accessory like a pair of glamorous stilettos, a bib necklace, or a feather clutch that will help make your outfit look more festive.
Here are some photos to get the wheels turning:
What are you wearing to your office Christmas party?