Halloween is fast approaching and if you don’t want to spend a lot of time or money on your costume, get inspired by these three easy black Halloween costumes. Chances are you even have something in your closet that can come together for these simple costumes.
- Sandy from Grease. One of the best on-screen makeovers of our time, Sandy from Grease has sex appeal and spice. All you need is a blonde wig, dramatic makeup, a black top, a black belt, black leather leggings, and red shoes.
- Charlie Chaplain. This renown silent film star is a costume that can be worn by either men or women. To pull it together, simply pair a hat, a faux mustache, a black suit and tie, and black shoes. Easy as pie!
- Morticia Addams. As brilliant as she is beautiful, Morticia Addams is one of the most popular matriarchs Halloween has to offer. For this costume, simply acquire a black wig, dramatic makeup, a black dress, and heels and you’re done!
Click here for more easy Halloween costumes that you can pull from your closet!
What is your favorite go-to Halloween costume?
Looking for last-minute Halloween costumes that are easy, creative, and won’t break the bank? Here are 12 easy Halloween costume ideas that you can pull right out of your closet in time for your Halloween party this weekend!
- Katniss Everdeen. This is going to be the costume of the season! To recreate her arena costume, here are the costume components: Mockingjay pin + braided hair + nylon jacket + black T-shirt + backpack + cargo pants + boots + bow & arrow. Done!
- Effie Trinket. If you want to jump on the Hunger Games bandwagon and get a little more creative, Effie Trinket is the way to go. Here are the costume components for her teal outfit: curly yellow wig + teal clothing + teal flower + black flower + gaudy jewelry + garish makeup. (Here’s a helpful step-by-step Effie Trinket makeup tutorial) Voila!
- Carmen Sandiego. This costume makes for a great couples costume when paired with Where’s Waldo. Your costume components: Red hat + yellow ribbon + red jacket + black clothes + black gloves + black boots. That’s all!
- Morticia Addams. If you want a glamorous costume without the effort, Morticia Addams is where it’s at. Costume components: Black dress (or separates) + gothic jewelry & accessories + dramatic makeup. Bonus points for arriving at the party with Gomez, Wednesday, and Pugsley Addams.
- Rosie the Riveter. This costume won’t take a lot of time or money but is instantly recognizable! Costume components: Chambray shirt + jeans + patterned scarf + a bicep worth flexing + optional: a riveter. Ta da!
- Charlie Chaplain. Whether you’re a man or a woman, you can pull this easy costume off either way! Costume components: Hat + eyeliner for mustache + black suit jacket + white dress shirt + black tie + vest + black pants + black shoes + umbrella.
- Cruella De Vil. A villainous cackle is going to go a long way with this costume! Costume components: Black & white wig, or spray-in hair color + gaudy makeup and jewelry + cigarette holder + black dress + faux fur throw or jacket + red gloves + red purse + red shoes. Easy peasy!
- Alice Cullen from Twilight. If you’re a Twilight fan you know the person who stole the show for style was Alice Cullen. To recreate her look in Italy in New Moon, here are the costume components: Stylish scarf (to keep out the sun) + sunglasses + A-line swing jacket + elbow-length gloves + black pants & shoes + hazel contacts optional. You can always make this a group costume by rounding up Bella and Edward and other members of the Cullen family!
- Sandy from Grease. Sandy’s onscreen makeover is one of the most memorable ones in movie history! And once you have a blonde wig, it’s all downhill from here. Costume components: Blonde wig + big earrings + leather jacket + black v-neck or over-the-shoulder shirt + leather pants or leggings + red heels. That’s all she wrote.
- Wicked Witch of the West. Thanks to Wicked the musical, the Wicked Witch of the West costume is totally in! Costume components: Green face paint + witch’s hat + black dress or separates + striped socks + black boots + optional broom. Extra credit for dressing up with Dorothy or some Flying Monkeys!
- Sushi. By far one of the easiest and creative costumes you can pull together! Costume components: White clothes + pink pillow case + throw pillow + green scarf + flower for your hair. Fini! You may want sushi after the party though…
- Geisha. A simple yet sophisticated costume, with white face paint you will be instantly recognizable as a geisha. Costume components: Parisol or fan + flowers and ribbon for your hair + white face paint, red lips and eye contouring, black brows + silk robe + obi belt + flip flops. People will be amazed!
Styling: Sarah Ward
Makeup and Photography for 2, 4, 12: DorothyInez, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Halloween Costume Link Party and Contest
What are you dressing up as for Halloween? Show us your costumes by linking up in our Halloween Costume Link Party and Contest! Once you submit your link, please post a link back to the Halloween Costume Link Party. To sweeten the deal, for three lucky contest winners we’re giving away one-hour eStyling Virtual Styling sessions with a Wardrobe Stylist to help you plan what to wear for your Christmas card photos and upcoming holiday parties!