Halloween is fast approaching and if you don’t want to spend a lot of time or money on your costume, get inspired by these three easy black Halloween costumes. Chances are you even have something in your closet that can come together for these simple costumes.
- Sandy from Grease. One of the best on-screen makeovers of our time, Sandy from Grease has sex appeal and spice. All you need is a blonde wig, dramatic makeup, a black top, a black belt, black leather leggings, and red shoes.
- Charlie Chaplain. This renown silent film star is a costume that can be worn by either men or women. To pull it together, simply pair a hat, a faux mustache, a black suit and tie, and black shoes. Easy as pie!
- Morticia Addams. As brilliant as she is beautiful, Morticia Addams is one of the most popular matriarchs Halloween has to offer. For this costume, simply acquire a black wig, dramatic makeup, a black dress, and heels and you’re done!
Click here for more easy Halloween costumes that you can pull from your closet!
What is your favorite go-to Halloween costume?
Angelica Huston is one of my favorite actresses in Hollywood and ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to be Morticia Addams of The Addams Family for Halloween. For a quick, easy, gamorous, and dramatic Halloween costume, Morticia Addams is the way to go. She wears predominantly black so you shouldn’t have to buy much of anything. Where you get to really live things up is with your dramatic makeup. Drama, drama, drama!
- Black v-neck shirt
- Black fishtail skirt
- Long black wig (borrowed)
- Black heels
- Dramatic jewelry
- Dramatic makeup
- Optional: Friends/family willing to dress up as Gomez, Wednesday, and Pugsley
To really become Morticia Addams, I naturally called Celebrity Makeup Artist DorothyInez to help with the dramatic makeup. With 25 years background in makeup in the entertainment industry, DorothyInez was instrumental in helping me get into character. She embraced the role of creative director, and served as assistant photographer, making the shoot a phenomenal success. I’m wearing her wig as well! (DorothyInez is quite the connoisseur of wigs) All the makeup she used was MAC and Motives.
If you are looking for Halloween costume help, both DorothyInez and I offer online consultations worldwide, providing helpful costume and makeup tutorials from the comfort of your living room. And if you are in Seattle, we’re available for hire to get you into character this Halloween!
Don’t forget to check out more Halloween Costumes In Your Closet!