One of the pieces of menwear that often gets a bad wrap is the tie. With the recent trend of casualization in America, the tie has come off and most don’t miss them because men don’t understand the benefits of wearing one.
Benefits of Wearing a Tie
- Ties Frames the Face. The tie is like an arrow to the face, drawing attention upwards for improved communication.
- Ties are Slimming. The tie brings attention into the middle for a slimming effect.
- Ties are a Focal Point. Each outfit needs a focal point, somewhere for the eye to rest. Particularly when in a color, the tie becomes a focal point.
- Ties are Perceived as Professional. With case studies that have been conducted, we have found that men perceive the tie as most business-like.
- Women Love A Man in a Tie. ‘Nuff said.
Here are a few samples of different ways that ties can be worn:
When you don a tie, one important thing to remember is to make sure it comes to the right length. At the ideal length, the tie should hit the top of your belt buckle.
Your Two Cents
Men, when do you wear a tie? Business? Pleasure? Special occasions? Never?
Women — what are your thoughts of men wearing ties?