Ever since Felicity dressed up as the Bride of Frankenstein in 1998, I’ve wanted to dress up as this iconic monster. So when I happened upon a vintage wedding dress at Value Village a few weeks ago, I knew it was time.
- Bride of Frankenstein Wig
- Monster makeup
- Edgy jewelry — bonus for screw earrings!
- White dress
- Black separates
I found that the costume had more impact when I threw on a black bolero jacket and heels.
The monster makeup is critical for this costume! Here’s my makeup tips for the Bride of Frankenstein:
- Start with a white base.
- Cover your eyebrows with a glue stick to hide the texture so you can draw over them. Then blend with a light concealer.
- Apply dramatic eye makeup.
- Apply false eyelashes (tips on applying falsies here)
- Contour with grey eye shadow to emphasize your bone structure.
- Using a black liner, draw seams in your face.
- Take a brown eye shadow and line either side of the seam.
- Using a black pencil liner, draw in the holes and stitches.
- Apply dark lipstick.
- Then do the Monster Mash!
Show & Tell
Did you pull together a costume from your closet? Leave a link in the comments, post a photo on our Facebook page, or hashtag #costumesinyourcloset on Instagram. We’d love to see your costume creation!
Photos by Brian Weiss.
Model, costume designer + makeup artist: Sarah Ward