Leading up to Halloween, we are going to post a Halloween costume idea everyday to get the creative juices flowing. Yesterday’s featured costume was the Wicked Witch of the West.
In order to create a Batman costume a la Christian Bale for Halloween, you will need the following:
- Batman mask (I recommend purchasing this)
- Black make-up around the eyes
- Utility belt
- Black separates (pants and top) or one-piece suit
- Batman logo to affix to the chest
- Black gloves
- Black cape
- Black boots
- For extra credit, collaborate with a friend dressed as the Joker!
My year the Dark Knight came out, my brother Joe recreated the entire costume from scratch (save the mask) out of fabric, a Tropicana box, a shoe box, some tape, baskets, and black paint. Here’s the making of his costume:
Isn’t that incredible? Proof that a little time and creativity can go a long way at Halloween!
- The Basics of a Batman Costume Suit Part 1
- The Basics of a Batman Costume Suit Part 2
- The Basics of a Batman Costume Suit Part 3
What are you going to dress up as for Halloween?
Stay tuned for more great Halloween costume ideas! Next up? The Queen of Hearts!