Here’s a guest post that was published on My Colleges and Careers.
As you go back to college this fall, the weather is cooling down but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock your style this season. Even though tuition costs mean you’re on a budget this semester, here are fall 2011 fashion trends that college students can afford.
- Bright colors will add life to fall days and energize you in the process, helping you make it through that 8am class you know you shouldn’t have signed up for.
- Featured in Lucky Magazine’s October 2011 issue, the Native Indian trend is crossing the cultural divide and it very in right now. This $8 turquoise bangle is a great way to incorporate it into your style.
- Choker necklaces aren’t just for goth girls anymore, they’re going mainstream and are all over the runways. A choker necklace will dress up even your most basic tank tops and tees.
- Polka dots are playful and cute and easy to integrate through accessories like this infinity scarf and rainboots.
- Tunics are a great piece to wear over leggings or skinny jeans and do well to conceal any figure variations you’d rather keep under wraps.
- Lace. If you have a feminine personal style, lace is right up your alley.
- Knit sweaters. As the temperatures drop, knit sweaters will become your new best friend as you cross campus in the cold.
What fall fashion trend will you be adding to your wardrobe this year?