Here’s a guest post that was published on My Colleges and Careers.
Fall is just around the corner and that means it’s time to go back to college shopping! If you’re a girl on a budget (and let’s be honest, who isn’t when you’re in college?), here are eight versatile core cluster pieces you can buy for interchangeable outfits to make the most of your clothing money this year. Even if you’re enrolled at an online college, don’t underestimate the effect that the clothes you wear can have on your productivity.
- Cardigan. This layering piece will keep you warm when the weather cools down and can be worn over each of the tops.
- Chambray shirt. This casual shirt can dress up with a skirt with a belt and wedge shoes, or dress down with jeans and flats.
- Pullover. When you have an 8am class and you need to get out the door fast, this grab and go piece is just the thing you need.
- Tunic/dress. This tunic can be worn over your skinny jeans with boots or worn alone as a dress with wedge shoes for a date night.
- T-shirt. Layer a belt or a scarf over your tee to give it some personality and dress it up or down, depending on your mood.
- Tank top. Wear your tank alone, layered over your pullover for class, or under your cardigan for a night in on the couch.
- Jeans. A dark wash pair of jeans will get you lots of wear since they’re more dressy looking.
- Skirt. A skirt will automatically lift your look, making you look dressier. This versatile skirt will go great with a tank or button-front shirt alike. Tuck your shirt in and wear a belt at the waist to show off your cinched waist.
As you can see, accessories, like jewelry, shoes, belts, purses, and scarves can go a long way to personalize your back to college look.