Last week I had the pleasure of attending a Found and Gathered event at WeWork in Seattle on using social media to grow your business. My lovely makeup artist friend Mimi Banasik and I went together to get inspired and we were tickled pink to bump into friends, old and new, and meet some people in real life for the first time!
Cherie Marquez from Found & Gathered was the moderator of the panel and her guests included Kris Rosentrater, President of Storyville Coffee, Kennesha Buycks, Creative Director of Restoration House, and Lisa Dawn Drogin, Founder of Story of My Dress. It was a powerful panel!
Here were some of my key takeaways in the form of my tweets that night:
- Live your story.
- Don’t build your strategy on what you want it to be, but on what your audience wants and where.
- Be open to the possibility that your audience is not going to different platforms for the same reason.
- The great thing about social media is that it’s forgiving. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, adjust.
- When you look at social media media numbers, they never represent numbers, they represent people.
- I’m going to continue to tell my story and it doesn’t matter if I get 10 likes or 1000 likes on .
- Find where your story meets their story and be willing to go where you didn’t plan.
- You have to be your own brand guardian.
- When we speak to the heart, we put down our walls & be honest about who we are, where we’re going, & where we’ve been.
How do you use social media to continue the conversation and engage with your audience?